We all know there is a lack of women in the tech world but those who have plunged in are doing an amazing job. Here are 10 women we believe are making their mark in a tech career:
1) Sarah Wood co-founded Unruly Media which is the leading global platform for social video marketing. Sarah ensures they deliver the most awesome social video campaigns.
2) Michelle Zatlyn co-founded CloudFlare which kills spam and improves the speed and performance of your website. Michelle continually tests what works to provide what customers want.
3) Julia Hartz left her job in TV development to co-found Eventbrite, a company that enables event creation, promotion and ticket sales; while also helping people discover events that match their passions.
4) Michelle You co-founded the live gig discovery tool Songkick which tracks the music you listen to, then sends you updates of when your favourite bands are performing in your area.
5) Sheryl Sandberg is COO of Facebook. Her bestseller “Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead” promotes gender equality in the workplace.
6) Marrisa Mayer started her career as the first female engineer in Google and is now the CEO at Yahoo. Marrisa’s string of acquisitions has almost tripled Yahoo’s stock.
7) Leila Janah is the Founder and CEO of Samasource. Somasource is a non-profit that aims to tackle poverty by giving digital work to impoverished people around the world.
8) Susan Wojcicki is Senior Vice President of Advertising & Commerce at Google. Susan has continually found new ways to engage Google customers.
9) Rana el Kaliouby is co founder and Chief Science Officer of Affectiva. Rana created technology to recognise people’s emotions towards advertising, brands and media from facial expressions.
10) Joanna Shields is Chairman of Tech City UK and has recently joined the board of the London Stock Exchange.
Code First: Girls